PDA

View Full Version : Fish List

Shane C.
01/30/2014, 01:49 PM
Hey everybody...

Getting ready to start populating my tank with fishes. Wanted to run my fish list past all of you for feedback.

Tank: 75 gallon softies reef tank, no sump no skimmer, 90 lbs LR, 2-AC 110s set up as refugiums with chaeto (sp), fluval 405 with LR, 25 gallon water change ever other week. Various other circulation pumps...

Wish List:

Royal Gramma
Possum Wrasse
Citron Goby
Long Nose Hawkfish
McCoskeri Flasher Wrasse or Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse
Bi-Color Blenny
Pajama Cardinal Pair

Conerns:

Too high a bio-load
Bi-Color and Royal Gramma compatibility
Two Wrasses in the tank (compatiblity and adequate food)
Long Nose Hawk - I plan to house a couple of cleaner shrimp as well. I have kept both in before but never kept the two in the same tank. I know fish in generally have a relationship with cleaners and dont consume them, but I am assuming the shrimp would be dinner at some point for a LNH. True?

So, looking for feedback on the list/compatibility based on the tank set up.

Thanks in advance...

DopeCantWin
01/30/2014, 02:07 PM
The Shrimp might not be dinner right away, but at some point probably. Also their whiskers would always be in danger.

eatbreakfast
01/30/2014, 07:51 PM
I have always kept cleaner shrimp with longnose hawkfish, never a problem, especially if the shrimp are in the tank first.
The flasher and the possum wrasse will ignore each other. Even though they are both wrasses they are different enough to not bother each other. Put the possum wrasse in early, they are one of the most peaceful fish you will ever encounter.
The gramma and bicolor blenny will also be fine together. The bicolor blenny will be slightly more aggressive, but both should stay in their own territories in the tank.

Shane C.
01/31/2014, 10:22 AM
Cool, thanks for the feedback.

I introduced the gramma last night. I figrued if I stock of of them, order of intro will go:

Shrimp
Possum Wrasse
Flaher Wrasse
Goby
Blenny or LNH
Cardinals (these guys are an option, not sure I will introduce them to my tank at all)

Should minimize aggression levels and maximize chance for success.

eatbreakfast
01/31/2014, 12:46 PM
Sounds well thought out.