PDA

View Full Version : Problem with purple stylo

bigearsnyc
01/30/2014, 07:17 PM
Greetings,

I purchased this purple stylo a couple of weeks ago. It appears that the frag was busted off a main piece just before delivery. It wasn't attached to a plug and the back side was mostly white.

I've tried to acclimate my new frag to my tank. A small piece of the coral fell off a few days ago, and not it seems like the polyps are falling off around the same area. In the picture, it is the white joint on the bottom branch.

I've read this coral does best with high lighting, so it is place at the top of my tank with LED lights.

Any advice on treating this problem and recommendations for having it be a healthy addition to my tank will be appreciated.

Thank you

mr.maroonsalty
01/30/2014, 07:43 PM
It looks like it is bleaching, most sps keepers keep these lower in the tank; I'm trying one very high and it is proving difficult keeping the whole piece happy. If you can't dial down your lights, try creating a little shade for it by placing a small rock or something above. I like branch rocks for this because they don't have to shade the whole coral, and are easy to grow out from under. Are you keeping other sps'?

Greg11
01/30/2014, 08:25 PM
I'm keeping mine in the middle about 250-300 par (led and t5)and its doing good
Don't put it in the top with LEDs

bigearsnyc
01/31/2014, 07:39 AM
Thank you both - I will move it mid tank today.

greg1786
01/31/2014, 10:38 AM
I keep my purple milka stylo in lower light. Its about 14" below my t5s but all the way at the edge of the light and its really dark purple with excellent growth! Good luck