PDA

View Full Version : Nano tanks at the office

BrklynArch
01/31/2014, 05:08 PM
I'm starting a new nano tank at work and was wondering what those of you that have a tank at work do for water? Do you guys have a dedicated rodi set up at work?
The last nano I had at work was 10g and I would buy ready made salt water and do my weekly water changes that way. I kept saying I would make extra water at home and bring it in but I never would.......inevitably buying water got old fast and water changes became more and more rare. Also having rodi water on hand for top offs was a pain and more than a few times the tank would be topped off from the faucet.
This time around I was thinking if investing in an office rodi setup in order to make my own water at work. I have a brs 5 stage set up at home for my home reef but I really don't see myself dragging it in to work.
The new tank is a 20"x20"x10" cube @12g......would buying a new 4 stage rodi be silly? Am I just being lazy by not wanting to transport water?

3S1K
01/31/2014, 08:52 PM
Jusy but a jug of rodi water and the store and leave it in your car for top offs.

d2mini
01/31/2014, 09:28 PM
I have a rodi at home and bring the water to work. My nano is 8g.

BrklynArch
02/04/2014, 03:53 PM
I ended up getting a dedicated 4 stage rodi from BRS for the office.
I know my lazy self would end up slacking on making and transporting water from home.

hersheyb
02/04/2014, 04:14 PM
I ended up getting a dedicated 4 stage rodi from BRS for the office.
I know my lazy self would end up slacking on making and transporting water from home.

LOL whatever gets you to change the water right? I would of just bought weekly ready made salt

dyazdani
02/05/2014, 11:26 PM
I used to bring a 5 gal bucket of each (Fresh/ salt) made with RO from home. I had one advantage in that my office had built-ins with a lot of cabinet space so I just stored the buckets out of the way.