PDA

View Full Version : ROCv Leaking

sdmarriott1
01/31/2014, 06:23 PM
I noticed last weekend that my ROCv module is leaking water at the port where the wires exit the unit. Is there a diaphragm in the unit that might have failed?

Thanks!

GenesisReefSys
01/31/2014, 06:47 PM
There is a diaphragm in the ROCv™. However it isn't likely that the diaphragm is leaking (not impossible though!). Generally the culprit is a torn seal on the input or output port. These seals can be damaged by a sharp edge on the RO tubing, usually the result of the tubing being "pinched" when cut. Wire cutters, pliers, and many other cutting methods that pinch the tubing create sharp corners that snag the seals when the tubing is inserted, and the resulting damage results in a small leak.

The best method of cutting the tubing is using a small cutter designed specifically for the task. These are available pretty much anywhere RO filters are sold. Alternately, using a very sharp razor knife and a slicing action rather than a chopping action with light pressure can create a clean cut.

The seals can be replaced with care; I'll contact you privately to arrange the replacement of the seals.

Kevin