PDA

View Full Version : phosban reactor 150

dieseldaisy
02/03/2014, 09:45 PM
Does any one know how to set this up? do you leave the foam pads on the top and bottom of the disperse screens? if you are just using gfo?

bnumair
02/03/2014, 10:41 PM
i like to keep the foam under and above the gfo just in case if there is grinding. I dont want fine dust to make it out.

Syntax1325
02/04/2014, 04:55 AM
Here's a good video to help:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N37AXbPPCrY

I've also read that some people use a 200 micron filter sock on the outlet of the reactor to prevent dust from getting into the display.

pleuralplexus
02/04/2014, 12:28 PM
I cut donut-shaped filter pads to place above and below the foam pads at the top and bottom of the foam pads that come with the reactor, and these pads ALWAYS fill up with GFO particles (even though the flow is slow enough that the GFO doesn't tumble). I also run a second phosban 150 packed full of Kent marine carbon after the GFO reactor to catch microparticles of GFO (and of course other impurities). I highly recommend doing this, and recommend making new pads for each GFO change.

bertoni
02/04/2014, 03:40 PM
I used the pads above and below the media, too. The reactor seemed to be fine to me.

Psyops
02/04/2014, 04:12 PM
I used the pads above and below the media, too. The reactor seemed to be fine to me.

+1. I have not needed to do anything else to my reactors. A 200 micron filter sock the first day after changing the medica might not be a bad idea. I will try that next time.

Alex