PDA

View Full Version : led's cause for across color loss?

Parker7
02/04/2014, 01:19 PM
Hey every one I have a maxspect mazzara p series led system but I've Knowtessed that I have 2 prices of the same acro but they look world's different in terms of color and I don't understand why since I have another acro growing beautifully on the sand bed does any one know why? It has been like this for a while now my levels have been good up till about 4 days ago but it's looked like this for about 2 months. If any one knows why these 2 Identical corals are not any more plz help me out

FlyPenFly
02/04/2014, 03:18 PM
Sometimes happens to me with T5 as well. I accidentally frag a colony, move the piece somewhere else, it turns a different shade.

Parker7
02/04/2014, 05:04 PM
That's so odd because the brown piece is probly 8 inches from the waters surface with good flow and the other one is about 2 or 3 inches from the water surface and has much much less flow but looks stunning and is growing quite well

FlyPenFly
02/04/2014, 05:16 PM
Well pleasing to our eye isn't a good measure of health.

Timfish
02/04/2014, 05:25 PM
+1 to what FlyPenFly said! Lighting can vary tremendously over a VERY short distance. Here's a bicolor birdsnest colony, you can see the color has a significant shift in a distance of less than an inch. I would encourage you to read the article Dana Riddle has on advanced aquarist concerning the fluorescing and chromo proteins produced by corals