PDA

View Full Version : New Tank, stocking question

Sven37
02/06/2014, 12:39 PM
Just started a new tank in december from all dry rock. (EDIT: It's a 26 Gallon bowfront, by the way!) It's been cycled for a couple months now. This tank is a conversion from an old tank. So far from the old tank I have added (over the past few weeks):

1 pajama cardinal
2 scarlet red hermits
2 turbo snails
4 cerith snails
5 coral frags (from old tank, chiseled from previous LR)

The latest editions (corals, snails, and hermits) were added about 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, i need to get this old tank torn down ASAP, and i still have a barnacle blenny and a fire shrimp in the old tank that need to transferred to the new one. Kinda concerned about my bio-load though since i'm starting from dry rock.

Tank has been cycled since mid december, and the pajama cardinal was added in early january. How long should i wait to add the barnacle blenny and the fire shrimp?

thegrun
02/06/2014, 02:15 PM
The only thing in the tank adding a significant bio-load is the cardinal. You can add them both now, the shrimp doesn't add much to the bio load since it will primarily eat what is left over from the fish.

Sven37
02/06/2014, 04:11 PM
cool, that's what i was thinking. That's why i added the cardinal first because assuming since he's a biggen he'll get that bacteria built up faster

thanks!