PDA

View Full Version : New torch

RadReefer
02/06/2014, 08:00 PM
I would like to share a pic of a new Aussie torch I recently acquired.
http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc442/RadReefer/image-10.jpg

x1C0DE1x
02/06/2014, 10:23 PM
What type of lights do you have and can you post me a link please! Yours corals colors are amazing with that lighting and pic!

Clownemone
02/06/2014, 10:29 PM
that's a nice looking gold torch! where did you get it from? i've lost 2 of them from the same online retailer so i'm debating whether to try one more time from a different source or not : /

RadReefer
02/06/2014, 11:46 PM
What type of lights do you have and can you post me a link please! Yours corals colors are amazing with that lighting and pic!
It's just a Tek Elite 6 bulb T5. I use a combo of ATI Blue spectrum bulbs, KZ new generation whites, and one Fiji purple bulb. The aragonite has coralline growing all over it since I scrape my glass clean on all four sides weekly. The colors in the pic are pretty true to the actual colors of the corals.

RadReefer
02/06/2014, 11:48 PM
that's a nice looking gold torch! where did you get it from? i've lost 2 of them from the same online retailer so i'm debating whether to try one more time from a different source or not : /

It came from a local shop in Seekonk, Massachusetts called Coral Reef. He gets good stuff for good prices.

jonros_sea
02/07/2014, 08:03 PM
Possible to let us know what the cost was? I live in Dedham MA and always on the lookout for good LFS.
Trying to get an idea what their prices are like.
TIA

thatreefguy22
02/08/2014, 07:49 PM
That's AMAZING!! Love the color!
I just got my second coral for my first tank, it was a green torch.
I had it in the sand bed, it opened right up when I got it placed in my tank.
I just moved it to brighter part of the tank tonight.
I believe mine will branch, because of the way the person cut it. already looks as if it was a branch. It's only one stalk, but with lots of tentacles...and new ones popping out.

Not sure how these guys grow...but I have them under dual lamp t5ho lighting in my 20Long.

thatreefguy22
02/08/2014, 07:51 PM
Here's a pic of my torch.

RadReefer
02/08/2014, 08:02 PM
Possible to let us know what the cost was? I live in Dedham MA and always on the lookout for good LFS.
Trying to get an idea what their prices are like.
TIA

I believe it was 80$. It is two heads that are splitting.

RadReefer
02/08/2014, 08:05 PM
That's AMAZING!! Love the color!
I just got my second coral for my first tank, it was a green torch.
I had it in the sand bed, it opened right up when I got it placed in my tank.
I just moved it to brighter part of the tank tonight.
I believe mine will branch, because of the way the person cut it. already looks as if it was a branch. It's only one stalk, but with lots of tentacles...and new ones popping out.

Not sure how these guys grow...but I have them under dual lamp t5ho lighting in my 20Long.

Nice torch! I have the same variety in my tank as well. It gets pretty large so give it room away from other corals, they are one of the more aggressive LPS.

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc442/RadReefer/image-13.jpg

thatreefguy22
02/08/2014, 08:17 PM
Nice torch! I have the same variety in my tank as well. It gets pretty large so give it room away from other corals, they are one of the more aggressive LPS.

I'm trying to move it around the tank to see where it'll look and do best.
Right now, the only other coral I have in my tank is a small frag colony of violet zoas. Which I've had them for a little over a month. Haven't got much from them. still 10 head sprouting off it. So, I moved it directly under the light/center/bottom of my tank.

You think I'll get much growth out of this new torch, granted all my parameters are doing good, lighting, and flow?

I only have a dual lamp t5ho right now, but my tank is 12" deep. Sorry for asking on your forum, I hope it's not too much a burden. :)

thatreefguy22
02/08/2014, 08:19 PM

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc442/RadReefer/image-13.jpg

Whoa dude....!! But, by the looks of your type of fish..you have a large tank. Mine is a 20Long...haha!! But I wouldn't mind a good spot being nothing but torch tentacles in my tank :p

RadReefer
02/08/2014, 09:07 PM
ThatReefGuy, I think if you feed it it may grow faster. As far as lighting goes you can probably put the torch toward the top if you wanted and it would be fine. You may see it really stretch out and that could mean that it is seeking the light, in that case you should move it higher. They can handle some pretty moderate flow too, as long as it's not getting blasted. They are cool corals and look pretty awesome when they are out and waving around.

thatreefguy22
02/08/2014, 10:53 PM
ThatReefGuy, I think if you feed it it may grow faster. As far as lighting goes you can probably put the torch toward the top if you wanted and it would be fine. You may see it really stretch out and that could mean that it is seeking the light, in that case you should move it higher. They can handle some pretty moderate flow too, as long as it's not getting blasted. They are cool corals and look pretty awesome when they are out and waving around.

Thanks! what could I use to glue it in a spot once I find a good place for it?