PDA

View Full Version : Salinity advice needed

Teaggs
02/08/2014, 09:39 AM
I just got done doing a bunch of work to my tank with a new sump, rockwork etc. I mixed all my water and pumped into my tank. The salinity was a little high but the water was colder. After the temp is at 75 now it hasn't dropped as much as I thought. I have 125 total gallons of water with the rock in the tank. I know the exact amount cause I just filled it all up. There is no livestock in there at this time. Salinity is at 1.030. I'm looking to be at 1.025. Any idea how many gallons I need to drain and replace with RO to get me there? I figured there might be a formula of some sort to help me out. I know I could just drain a little and add a little, but thats a pain if someone knows how much to get me close. Thanks

Reefahholic
02/08/2014, 09:45 AM
I would say about 10/G to start. Just a guess though.

Lateralus
02/08/2014, 10:09 AM
I would just start taking out a little at a time until you reach 1.025. Otherwise you may take out too much then you're mixing salt again. Just make sure you have plenty of flow through the system so you know its evenly distributed.

Teaggs
02/08/2014, 10:34 AM
I think ill start with 10 and go from there. I don't think 10 will be too much. I thought you guys would have a custom spreadsheet for this stuff :)