PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner Shrimp?

Kbud
02/08/2014, 01:45 PM
Does anybody think I could stick a cleaner shrimp or something like that in my 6 gallon nano cube? Or do you think it would get too big?:confused:

rssjsb
02/08/2014, 02:34 PM
I think the real issue for inverts in such a small tank is stability. They don't do so well with fluctuating salinity, pH, temp etc., which can be a problem with a small volume of water.

Even if you've got that taken care of, I would think a smaller shrimp like a sexy or a Petersen's or other pereclimenes would make a better display in a tank that size.

Kbud
02/08/2014, 05:15 PM
Thank you! Sexy shrimp would definetely work, as they only get to be an inch at the biggest, but I haven't heard of a petersen's. I am going to put in a pom pom crab, and that should max out my bioload, so I will probably have to nix the idea. Besides, I want to keep all of my friends the happiest they can be.

rssjsb
02/08/2014, 06:44 PM
Actually, I mistyped. I meant to say "Pederson's" shrimp. They're really pretty, easy to fee, and stay pretty small. But they do jump.

Anyway, I think you're smart to not get carried away in such a small tank. From your sig line, you look like you're pretty well stocked.

Kbud
02/15/2014, 05:21 PM
Thank you rssjsb! I want to keep everything healthy, so I am making sure not to overstock - as tempting as it is. I am adding a pom pom crab and some corals, but nothing else.