PDA

View Full Version : Sensor Holders for Deep Tanks?

Raoul5Duke
02/09/2014, 07:02 AM
I'm looking at the pro system to automate water changes & top offs for a large system. The sensor holders for the RO/DI & saltwater bins seem short in the picture on your website. Can these be extended for tall storage tanks? Say I had a storage bin that was 4 feet tall and water a sensor for refill 6" from the bottom & shutoff sensor 6" from the top the sensor holder would need to be approx. 3'6" long?

GenesisReefSys
02/09/2014, 07:11 AM
The Level Sensor Shrouds hold themselves on any 1/2" PVC pipe, and the leads on the sensors are 8 feet long, so this would be no problem at all.

Simply cut a length of 1/2" pipe, slide the shrouds onto it, install the sensors, and then place it in the bin. The top Level Sensor Shroud acts as a hanger for the assembly; just slide it over the rim of the opening at the top - which I'm assuming in this sort of bin will be a round manway access.

We also offer extension harnesses for the level sensors if needed. The connection point is not water tight, so it can't be submerged - but I don't think there are many 8 foot deep mixing bins out there!

bnumair
02/17/2014, 01:00 PM
Hi
i used 1/2" pvc pipe from local hardware store in my setups and they work perfectly fine.