PDA

View Full Version : second half

mob
09/05/2003, 09:36 PM
I wanted to follow up on my first post, I'm posting my experience with the 2nd half of my 10 gallon package from TB. And if you're impatient, just take a look at the subject icon ... big thumbs up!

I called and left a message on Tues, and Mary shortly returned my call. Not only did she remember my first order (and apologize for forgetting the macro algae), she remembered a special request I had mentioned (xmas tree worm), and had a small rock reserved just for me! How cool is that!. Arrangements were made to for delivery the next day (Wed).

I picked up the 2 boxes at the airport - one was quite heavy, and was leaking, the other was pretty light and in good shape (rock and livestock boxed separately I was assuming).

I got both home, opened them to find all the contents in excellent condition. The rock was triple bagged, so leaking didn't affect it at all. For critters, I got the snails, hermits, 2 peppermint shrimp, brittle star, 2 cukes (I requested an extra), and an anemone.

My only dilemma was where to put all the rock I got! My 10 gallon is *packed* with rock, and all kinds of critters.

I also got 4 more of those Red Crabs at last count - the jury is still out if they are bad, but I have them isolated in my refugium air-bubble baffle for now, as they're started to look like big mean (hairy) crabs.

And again, if there's interest, I can post some pictures.

To summarize, the rock I got looks just like, if not better, than the pictues on their website! A big thumbs up to Mary for going out of her way!

Bruddah Chrispy
09/06/2003, 03:21 PM
I've been thrilled to death with the service from TBS - anyone starting a business and looking for a model, should look to them!

I'll be calling up for my second half in a week or so. I can't wait!

Bruddah Chrispy
09/07/2003, 10:15 AM
BTW, mob, does the 2nd half come with acclimation instructions for the critters?

mob
09/07/2003, 06:49 PM
Yep, there are instructions for both the live rock, and acclimating the critters.