PDA

View Full Version : RO Booster Pump High Pressure

bla403
02/12/2014, 12:01 PM
Hi Guys,

I've been using a puratek vertex deluxe 100 gpd system for several years and about 3 months ago I added on a water storage tank and permeate pump to the system.

I was making water today (10 gallons or so) and the booster pump started making more noise than it used to. If I open the flush valve the noise goes away .. its like a clicking sound.

I noticed the pressure coming out of the booster pump on my gauge is ~150psi and I thought it used to run at ~110 or so.

I read it could be just that air got into it as I just reconnected some things but the pressure seems really high and I can find an adjustment on it to tune it down.

Any thoughts? Could the flow restrictor have something caught in it which is backing up the pressure all the way to the pump?

acanlover
02/12/2014, 11:16 PM
Make sure there's no restriction in between the water line and the booster bump input. Then you could put a little valve on the output side to lower pressure or better yet do a little more looking and find the adjustment. I know it's really hard. On mine I know for a fact it's there but I gave up looking because my pressure was fine anyway.

bla403
02/14/2014, 09:20 AM
Not sure what was happening with it but I replaced the flow restrictor and now it is back at around 105-110 psi output on the pressure gauge.

NEW PROBLEM - I believe that it ran too long at that high pressure (150 psi) and something may have been damaged inside the booster pump. It works correctly but it now makes a consistent clicking type noise as its working. If I relieve the pressure during an auto flush the noise goes away until the pressure builds back up to 105-110.

Any thoughts?

The pump works so I dont think I want to replace it as the pressure is fine and it makes water like a champ. Has anyone taken the top off these pumps off to clean or look around?

bla403
02/15/2014, 09:59 PM
bump

Indymann99
02/16/2014, 08:20 AM
Dont know if this helps you but my RO booster pump has "clicked" from the day it was installed (5yrs ago)...

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn10/Indymann99/IMG_1441_zps5224a528.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/Indymann99/media/IMG_1441_zps5224a528.jpg.html)