PDA

View Full Version : Anglerfish tank plan - single specimen?

AcMonster
02/13/2014, 07:42 AM
I'm planning to set up a 2x2x2 60G cube in my fish room, and was originally planning a mantis tank. However the mantis I'd prefer needs more length than that, so I began looking at other options. I'm looking into Anglerfish now, and have become more interested in these guys.

With a tank this big however, some of the small Anglerfish like the wartskin would be pretty overwhelmed with the large tank and no other inhabitants.

So my question is this (since Anglerfish info is hard to come by), can a smaller Angler successfully be kept with a larger fish, or an eel, assuming both specimens are of a size where they shouldn't be able to eat each other? Or Multiple same size Anglers?

Or maybe there are some larger Anglers out there that would fit the bill.

Thanks for any advice,
Adam

jarrod13
02/13/2014, 07:58 AM
I would get a Antennarius commerson, they are one if the biggest anglers available and that would awesome to have a big one in a cube!

http://www.frogfish.ch/species-arten/Antennarius-commerson.html

AcMonster
02/13/2014, 08:08 AM
I would get a Antennarius commerson, they are one if the biggest anglers available and that would awesome to have a big one in a cube!

http://www.frogfish.ch/species-arten/Antennarius-commerson.html

Very cool! Have you seen them for sale? I'm mostly checking LiveAquaria to see what's available. I don't see too many locally, if ever.

jarrod13
02/13/2014, 08:49 AM
Email pacificislandaquatics.com, I've seen him get some really nice ones in and he usually will take requests.

AcMonster
02/13/2014, 10:06 AM
Email pacificislandaquatics.com, I've seen him get some really nice ones in and he usually will take requests.

Thanks! Hadn't heard of that vendor before. They have a beautiful little angler right now too. I'll contact them when i am ready. Thanks for the quick responses.

jarrod13
02/13/2014, 10:44 AM
That is actually one of the smallest species of anglers around, and yes that is a beautiful one indeed. Usually they are just brownish.

Your welcome !