PDA

View Full Version : Marine Environment Salt?

oogie
09/05/2003, 11:35 PM
I have question.
When will Aqua Kraft's Mrine enviroment salt will be in stock again?

Thanks

jasonfrey
09/08/2003, 02:32 PM
Hi,

It will probably be at least a month or longer unfortunately. The Marine Enviroment wasn't selling very good so i ordered a full pallet of the Bio-Sea, there 2nd best salt. Instead of a split pallet of each. Of course after i did this, then people bought out the ME salt.

From the charts i've seen with Marine Enviroment and Bio-Sea though, the main difference is there blue bottle of trace elements. All the major salt content seems to be the same or comparable. So if you are adding trace elements to your tank anyways, i think the Bio-Sea is the way to go, less money and still gets high marks in all the natural sea water composition tests.

If you are doing frequent water changes and want your salt to take care of the trace elements too, then ME is a good choice, but you would need to make water changes often to replenish levels of iodine, strontium etc.

thanks

jason

oogie
09/08/2003, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I am currently running 5.5 gallon mini-reef. So I do weekly water change and I do not dose anything because it is so small that I don't want to over do it. Can you post when you do get some shipment in stock?

Thanks

jasonfrey
09/09/2003, 10:50 AM
Sure,

i'll post when we get our next pallet.

You might want to ask the manufacture of the salt though on how to use it in sizes smaller them 50 gallon. The bags we carry are 50 gallon mix with one blue bottle of elements. SO you mix up 50 gallon and add the bottle. Since you would be making really small water changes, i'm not sure how you could figure the dosage of that bottle for the amount of salt. Might not be critical, but i would ask if they have any suggestions.

thanks

jason

oogie
09/09/2003, 04:55 PM
OK. Thats a grest point!
I will do that.

Thanks for your help!