PDA

View Full Version : new fish treatment?

brad_G
02/13/2014, 09:08 PM
I am about to receive some new fish and was wondering what I should do. The fish are a powder blue tang a fire fish a fox face and 4 anthias. They all are coming from LA with the fox face coming from diver den. I have a 20l set out for at and have a 5g I could use for a ht.

As of right now I am going to just at all the fish in the 20l using a few filters I stuck in my overflows a few days ago. I have prime and ammonia test to keep up if the filters don't work well. I am planning on using paragaurd as a preventative regardless if any fish show any signs of illness. How long should I keep at this treatment or would the 1 hr dip be best? Also should I follow up with any other type of treatment or wait and see if any symptoms pop up?

The tank currently has 3 cardinals 2 clown fish a yellow eye kole and a mandarin goby. The female clown seems to flash sometimes but I see no symptoms. The male has a few dark spots that I always assumed were stings from frogspawn or just part of its natural color. She only seems to scratch after I feed some home made coral food.

Please help this qt treatment and disease stuff makes corals and chemistry look easy!

Fishfirst
02/13/2014, 09:17 PM
I would not put the firefish in with the other fish. More than likely will get it's butt kicked in short order. Are your other fish in the display ich free via quarantine that was prophylacticly treated with copper?

HumbleFish
02/13/2014, 10:20 PM
I would not put the firefish in with the other fish. More than likely will get it's butt kicked in short order.

+1 and even without the firefish, you are in for a bumpy ride in the 20L. With both aggression & ammonia.

brad_G
02/14/2014, 08:26 AM
No fish have been treated with any thing while I have had them.

I was wondering bout 1 20. Guess I will set up the other one for the small fish!