PDA

View Full Version : Not New but New Enough

jesterisdead
02/14/2014, 08:21 AM
This month is my first year in reef tanks. I started with a 55 and then six months ago went to a 220. I'm looking for suggestions or ideas on aquascaping my tank. I didn't want a ton of LR but I now think I have a bunch of wasted space as you can see.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/14/6ejesuze.jpg

My tank is a 220 (72x24x30) and its the 30" depth that I'm not sure about. I've been slowly building up my corals with sps and lps and wanted room for frags in my sand bed also. I picked up the large monti cap from a reef club member that was moving out of state and its huge as you can see.

I'm stuck with what to do. I've reviewed the 5/3 methods but the depth of the tank I feel my sps would benefit more with higher levels of rock. I left the back open as well for cleaning and circulation so all my rock work is in a middle line.

I've looked at lots of pictures but would like to see pics of other tanks of this dimension or ideas from everyone.

Thanks!

Reef264
02/14/2014, 10:18 AM
Personally, I think you have a nice rock set up as it is.I may be wrong, but depending on your lighting most high power lights can grow SPS with good coloration at that depth.

thegrun
02/14/2014, 10:23 AM
I agree, I like the open look to your tank!