PDA

View Full Version : Cooling enclosed stand with Propellerbreeze

dawatson69
02/15/2014, 09:51 AM
I have a 6ftx 2.5ftx 2ft aquarium with a 4ft sump.
I have just enclosed my tank stand with cupboard doors and am now finding that inside gets very warm and humid.
On each end panel I have installed vents to aid in circulation and get some fresh cool air flowing.
What I would like to do now is to install a Propellerbreeze inside the cupboard (unsure on the number of fans needed) that will be controlled by my Profilux 3Ex, and be controlled by a Temp/Humidity probe (can these probes be used out of the water?) if this is possible?
If this is able to be done, what equipment would I need, and how do I do it?
Also what number of fans would I need to get adequate airflow?
Cheers

BigAl2007
02/17/2014, 07:45 AM
I think ANY # of fans would be better than NONE but the correct # is very subjective. I tend to over-kill everything so I would get a 5 fan unit. That way you have plenty of fan-power and such.

You should be able to do what you're asking but I would wait for Michael to chime in to confirm this and give the exact items needed.

akindbro4u
02/17/2014, 10:34 AM
ideally you you would want fans on both ends. one for incoming air, and one for outgoing air. if that is not an option. outgoing would be your next best option. if it was me i would do two smaller fan units. and control them to come on at seperate set points. one at 80 degrees, and the other if temps get over say 85. just to keep noise down. humidity sensor, and temp sensor will work out of water.

dawatson69
02/25/2014, 07:51 AM
Anyone got any ideas on how to do this, and what parts I need?
Cheers

akindbro4u
02/28/2014, 08:59 AM
I sure can help. With parts and setup. Shoot me a pm.