PDA

View Full Version : Cal Reactor Help plz

fishguy597
02/17/2014, 08:57 AM
Are you controlling the regulator with a controller? if so what do you have on off set to? I would adjust the drip rate to keep your alk at your desired dkh levels. the rest should fall in line. I had a problem with mag and had to add mag pellets into my reactor. I'm using brightwells neo mag.

fishguy597
02/17/2014, 08:59 AM
BBTW I have had to supplement alk cal and mag at times to get it where I wanted.and the reactor would take over from there.

fishguy597
02/17/2014, 09:04 AM
Duh! just seen you have the apex. as long as your ph probe is calibrated set the reg for6.5off and 6.7 on. I don't let my co2stay on longer then 20min. I don't care how long its off for as long as the alk is steady. so if it were me I would play around with increasing the bubble count

reefmutt
02/17/2014, 10:08 AM
I agree.. Increase co2 slightly..
I've never used that co2 regulator nor the apex but I would assume the apex is making the regulator turn on and off at those intervals??
But, I think you should give the tank a shot of a liquid calcium supplement because if you use the reactor to bring up all your parameters, your alk will end up pretty high once you've achieved ~420ppm ca.
I wouldn't worry about mag just yet.. It may also go up with your reactor getting more co2 and at 1230, it's not really that bad..

reefmutt
02/17/2014, 10:11 AM
:) I just had a d'oh moment...
Why not just use a calcium supplement to raise your ca up to where you want it and do nothing else's?
I think your alk and mag are fine where they are...