PDA

View Full Version : $ell me on my 1st CaRx Geo or Lifereef.

jgalen0025
02/17/2014, 01:19 PM
I have looked through every thread and I still havent found what im looking for in terms of info especially on the lrc1.
1. Why doesnt the lcr1 need an electronic regulator
2. Which is better and why
any other opinions and comments welcome
thanks

moondoggy4
02/17/2014, 02:22 PM
There is along thread on LRC reactor and near the end the guys are recommending a Aquariumplanet regulator. People have run them for years without the electronic regulator but some have experience frustration and are willing to spend large sums of money for the ease.

moondoggy4
02/17/2014, 02:24 PM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2368618 have you read this one?

jgalen0025
02/17/2014, 02:31 PM
yeah, the master flex pump, good thread but not really describing what makes these reactors or either one of them better than all the rest. I know they both are good quality but on Jeff's site for the LCR he specifically states that there is no need for expensive regulators but his reasoning is just that it is "designed" better.
Not very convincing.
Is it easier to clean or is it more efficient and how does the effluent never clog on the lifereef?(Jeff's claim)

Other than quality, should I just flip a coin or is there more substantive info that can sway me either way?
thanks

moondoggy4
02/17/2014, 03:03 PM
One of the big problems with calcium reactors and nitrate reactors in the feed pump getting a slow and steady flow. I have tried a hobby peri pump that could run 24/7 very noisy return it, tired a Aqua Lifter family started to complain about rotten eggs smell. PS this was on a nitrate reactor. I am saving up for a Aquarium Planet reg. very costly, the peri pump is worse.
Geo's are great reactors, I even might get the nano, but I might get a used LCR2 at a local club.