PDA

View Full Version : Osmolator 3155 - Dead sensor?

Yodeling
02/17/2014, 03:50 PM
I bought this used on ebay. I'm not sure if they just sold me a defective one or if I'm doing something wrong. I turn it on, the green level light turns on, the yellow pump light turns on, then after 10 seconds it turns off. The green light stays lit (level) even though the optical sensor is out of the water. I tried putting it in water and taking it out, makes no difference, pump just won't turn on. Is it just defective? This is the old style btw.

Let me just add that the sensor is perfectly clean. Not sure if there is supposed to be light coming out but there isn't.

rvitko
02/17/2014, 05:52 PM
It emits no visible light. I think one of two issues is present.

1) The optic sensor is dirty, just a thin haze over the sensor will keep it from working, for calcium or salt a few hours in vinegar should clean it, for algae or organic matter use bleach. Wipe it only with a soft towel, any scratches will ruin it.

2) The optic sensor has failed, if so it can be repaired.

Yodeling
02/18/2014, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the reply. The sensor was squeaky clean so it was probably broken. I will let the seller worry about fixing it (sent it back).

It emits no visible light. I think one of two issues is present.

1) The optic sensor is dirty, just a thin haze over the sensor will keep it from working, for calcium or salt a few hours in vinegar should clean it, for algae or organic matter use bleach. Wipe it only with a soft towel, any scratches will ruin it.

2) The optic sensor has failed, if so it can be repaired.