PDA

View Full Version : Help with AI Sol and VDM

Wrench
02/18/2014, 09:34 PM
I had to get a new base module and am working on the programming. I am unable to control my AI Sol lights. I'm hoping someone can help.

The outlets for the lights show up as "BlueLED_X_5", etc. I created the profiles to control them but it didn't work. I went ahead and tried a simple command to turn them on and off based on time and that doesn't work either. I cannot manually turn them on and off using the dashboard. I verified a connection between the serial port on the VDM and the lights. I tried power cycling the lights and VDM module with no luck.

kenargo
02/19/2014, 12:10 AM
I assume you have the power connected to the wall or an EB8 and the serial communications LED on the AI unit should flicker. Can you confirm?

You should see 3 color outlets; correct?

Wrench
02/19/2014, 07:16 AM
I have the Sol power supplies plugged into a wall outlet. The serial cable is connected between the VDM and the Sols. I'm unsure what communications LED you're referring to, but I don't see any lights on the VDM or the Sol units. Most of the Sols I have are the early first generation but two of them are later models and they have a green LED near the data cable outlet. If these are what you're referring to, they are on (not flickering).

I see three color virtual outlets appear on my configuration page when I log into the Apex. BlueLED_X_5, BlueLED_X_6, and WhtLED_X_7.

Wrench
02/19/2014, 06:13 PM
Bump.

Wrench
02/19/2014, 07:24 PM
I think I've narrowed it down to a problem with the new firmware. Is it possible to revert to an older version?

kenargo
02/19/2014, 08:05 PM
I have the Sol power supplies plugged into a wall outlet. The serial cable is connected between the VDM and the Sols. I'm unsure what communications LED you're referring to, but I don't see any lights on the VDM or the Sol units. Most of the Sols I have are the early first generation but two of them are later models and they have a green LED near the data cable outlet. If these are what you're referring to, they are on (not flickering).

I see three color virtual outlets appear on my configuration page when I log into the Apex. BlueLED_X_5, BlueLED_X_6, and WhtLED_X_7.

If you see 3 I think that means you have the VDM configured for SOL-Blue and you mentioned that you have the older AI SOL LED units to I suspect that you may need to go into the module configuration and set the VDM to the correct AI unit.

See if this makes any difference.

I am running the latest software, albeit with the SOL-Blue and it works correctly, no issues.

Wrench
02/19/2014, 08:29 PM
I found a bare wire on the serial cable plug. Wish I had thought to check that hours ago.

Thanks for your reply, Kengaro.