PDA

View Full Version : 6255 vibration dampers.

blakeorme
02/20/2014, 01:26 PM
This is a dumb question, but I took my 6255 apart for cleaning and removed the blue vibration dampers from the clamp. I've tried and tried, but cannot get them back into place--not even one. Is there a lubricant or some sort of trick that can be used?

Thanks in advance,
blake

rvitko
02/20/2014, 02:30 PM
The four outer ones should be easy, they should just plug in, the middle 5th one is only used on the 6255 for extra stability, it is tricky and can impede assembling everything. I would start with the clamp, you will press all four outer ones in and the 5th middle one presses in a bit past the end nipple, it should make contact with the back of the pump and one in to the correct depth, all 5 should be at the same height from the back of the clamp, then mount this assembly on the base and the 4 outer ones lock in and the middle one just sits their, its main job is to make it a bit more rigid and grab the back of the pump so it is less prone to slipping. You could use glycerin or spit for a lubricant, but I wouldn't use anything else as the safety to tank inhabitants would be questionable and it could deteriorate the silicon.