PDA

View Full Version : APEX suddenly stops control

finrod2
02/20/2014, 06:40 PM
So the other day my apex failed to turn both my LED and MH lights on. I unplugged the aquabus cable to reboot the system and the lights came on OK. I came home tonight from a out of town trip and my halides are off but LED on, both should be on. Rebooted again and everything turned on again like it should.

I thought that maybe by updating my firmware it would help. Updated firmware and webcontrol. Now when I bring my web interface up the dashboard doesn't come up. The background and headers show up but nothing else. When going through other options on the web portal I can access some data so it seems to be communicating with apex.

Any ideas?

kurt_n
02/21/2014, 11:21 AM
Seems like flaky webpages usually point towards either not updating the webpages after updating firmware (it's a two-step process), or not clearing the browser cache after updating the web pages of the Apex. That's the only suggestion I have on that.

On a side note, I don't think pulling the Aquabus cord truly "reboots" the controller. Think you have to remove power completely from the base unit for that to happen. There is also a command for that you can access through the web pages and the display unit.

When the lights were acting up, did you check the tank time to make sure that didn't get buggered up? Just a thought.

finrod2
02/23/2014, 07:51 PM
We my Apex froze up again today. Neptune tech support got me going Friday and everything worked ok until this morning. Lights didn't come on and couldn't access net access. Unplugged a few times and it finally responded. Could this be a hardware issue?

tmgrash
02/23/2014, 08:35 PM
How old is your apex? I've had one for nearly 5 years, everything worked great and fine until recently where my problems started like yours. Different functions started failing until eventually it was a brick. I couldn't access via control pad or computer. All in about one month time

finrod2
02/23/2014, 09:43 PM
travis, Mine is less than a year old. Worked fine up until the last few weeks. Did you resolve your issues?

tmgrash
02/24/2014, 09:01 AM
No. Issue couldn't be resolved. Had no way to access it. I actually just bought another

S2minute
02/24/2014, 09:07 AM
Seems like Neptune dropped the ball on APEX