PDA

View Full Version : Keeping two pairs of Perculas together?

ilikefish34
02/22/2014, 10:35 PM
I've always had a pair of Percs in every tank whether they were the False, True or some designer but I was thinking about getting a pair of False and a pair of Black ones for my 210 gallon that just got plumbed. Am I asking for long term problems as the females get older and more territorial in a 6' DT?

The tank will be a mixed reef with quite a bit of flow and other inhabitants will be made up of Flasher and Fairy Wrasses, a couple of Tangs (probably staying away from the Ancanthurus genus), a single Dwarf Angel (Flame most likely), pair of Royal Grammas, harem of Dispar Anthias along with a few other non-aggressive dither fish.

Thanks for any and all advice.

Mike

shifty51008
02/22/2014, 10:53 PM
more than likely your asking for trouble, even in a 6' tank. stick to one pair.

ilikefish34
02/22/2014, 10:58 PM
That's the direction I was leaning in but figured this was a good place to get a confirmation or hear of people with positive experiences. Also, I'm not one to put fish together that are borderline compatible and tend to go with more tried and proven mixes.

Thanks Shifty

OrionN
02/22/2014, 11:16 PM
You can put a few young juveniles together and they grew up together then it likely OK, but I would not put tow females together.