PDA

View Full Version : West coast shipping

AZBigJohn
02/27/2014, 07:33 PM
I live in the Phoenix area. I have read your shipping over and over. Are shipping prices to the opposite side of the US similar to what you state? Are there issues with length of shipping to AZ?

liverock
02/28/2014, 07:13 AM
I live in the Phoenix area. I have read your shipping over and over. Are shipping prices to the opposite side of the US similar to what you state? Are there issues with length of shipping to AZ?

I ship PHX all the time, direct flights...I pack it in the morning, you pick it up early afternoon...

price is about the same, usually about .90 a pound, with a 100 pound minimum charge from southwest airlines.

I wish all shipping destinations was as easy to get to as yours!

sea ya
Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com :D:D:D

AZBigJohn
03/05/2014, 02:23 PM
I ship PHX all the time, direct flights...I pack it in the morning, you pick it up early afternoon...

price is about the same, usually about .90 a pound, with a 100 pound minimum charge from southwest airlines.

I wish all shipping destinations was as easy to get to as yours!

sea ya
Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com :D:D:D

Thanks, Richard!

A follow-up question, how much does "The Package" weigh? The rock and sand are easy to figure, but you ship in water...

Is there an average "per gallon" weight? In other words, if I was ordering a 50 gallon package, I know I'm getting in the first shipment 50 pounds of rock and 50 pounds of sand, but how much water weight am I getting? Likewise, on the second half, 50 pounds of rock and all the critters... all shipped in water... At $.90 a pound, and 8 pounds to the gallon, I'm just trying to budget, and start buttering up the spousal unit...

liverock
03/05/2014, 04:35 PM
Thanks, Richard!

A follow-up question, how much does "The Package" weigh? The rock and sand are easy to figure, but you ship in water...

Is there an average "per gallon" weight? In other words, if I was ordering a 50 gallon package, I know I'm getting in the first shipment 50 pounds of rock and 50 pounds of sand, but how much water weight am I getting? Likewise, on the second half, 50 pounds of rock and all the critters... all shipped in water... At $.90 a pound, and 8 pounds to the gallon, I'm just trying to budget, and start buttering up the spousal unit...

Yes..if ordering a Package...figure three times the size of the Package...for weight...part one..part two will be less as you will not have the sand weight....

And if just rock, double the weight of the rock to reflect it with water on it!

Sea ya
Richard TBS