PDA

View Full Version : nuvo tank

Bobby.
02/28/2014, 08:06 PM
So i am taking a step back on my first reef tank. It was going to be a 29 gallon standard tank. I had bought the salt mix, dry rock from real reef rock,sand and various reef keeping tools. But after seeing the nuvo at my lfs I really want to get one. They have the 16,24,30 and 38 gallon size. The have a 16g set up with corals and a few fish for a year now with the standard lighting and no added flow besides the rotating return heads. Just not sure what size to get but that little 16g looks so cool. Any input on these tanks would be great. Btw I dont even have a tank yet but I feel so addicted already and this site is great.

nlgill13
02/28/2014, 08:25 PM
I was also thinking of getting the nuvo 16g as a bedroom tank....I finally gave up on that idea, but might do it when I move out of my current place. As for suggestions, I would say get a bigger tank then a 16g for your first tank. Smaller tanks are inherently more difficult to keep because water parameters can easily get out of whack and are hard to get back into shape.

ponda
03/01/2014, 12:08 AM
get the 36" long one :-0 the 24gal? love that tank!
:-) hopefully u get it buddy!

Cloudburst2000
03/01/2014, 12:59 AM
get the 36" long one :-0 the 24gal? love that tank!
:-) hopefully u get it buddy!

I would not get the 24g 36" long Nuvo. There have been several failures in the larger Nuvo tanks. The smaller ones 16g and less seems to be fine though.

Cloudburst2000
03/01/2014, 01:58 AM
I have the 16g Nuvo for well over year. It is a nice tank. I have an MP10 for extra flow. I have also added HOB breeder box that I converted into a refugium. I added the Nuvo pellet reactor that fits into the rear chamber for additional phosphate control. I initially added a third of the stock lights so I had three of them over the tank. I have since purchased a NanoBox light to go over the tank because I was tired of all the cords associated with the multiple lights...two per light so I had six cords total from just the lights. I had the NanoBox light made in white to match my white Nuvo aquarium. I was able to keep all softies and LPS under the three stock lights. I never tried SPS though. I might venture more into SPS in this tank in the near future as the new light can definitely handle SPS. They are sweet tanks, but I would stick to the 16g or less as the larger ones have had some quality issues.