PDA

View Full Version : Lens question

mattgumaer
03/01/2014, 06:26 AM
I'm upgrading from a 90 gallon with two of the first generation pros to a 180 gallon and adding a third pro. It's a standard Marineland 180 RR (72x24x24) and I plan to use a 3-4" sand bed (I want to keep my jawfish happy).

In my 90, right now my max intensity is 50% (14k) which now allows me to keep coral on top of the rock directly under the lights. Much higher than 50% and it seems like I have too much light, particularly right under the lights.

When setting up the 180, any opinions on wide angle vs. standard lens? Thanks.

Matt

Alex Y EcoTech
03/03/2014, 07:30 AM
Matt,

For an aquarium that size, I would recommend using the standard TIR Lenses. Also, I would continue running your current schedule even after adding the third Radion and make subtle programming changes from there.

mattgumaer
03/06/2014, 08:29 AM
Alex,

Thanks. Maybe I'll try tweaking the height above the tank a little for a little greater spread and reduced high intensity right under the lights. Right now, I'm just about exactly 9 inches above the water. On a side note, one of the barrel catches that came with my hanging kit doesn't like to catch when I pull the cable back down. Is there a way to fix this or are replacements available? Thanks again.

Matt

Alex Y EcoTech
03/07/2014, 07:42 AM
Matt,

If you need replacement parts, please contact me directly. 1-800-785-0338 Ext. 2 or service@ecotechmarine.com