PDA

View Full Version : LED Fixture -Opinions

jimberta
03/03/2014, 07:04 AM
Looking for opinions on an Orbit Marine LED Fixture. I currently have a 4 X 24 T5 fixture form Current. Tank is 37 gallons. I have live rock and some polyps. Will this produce enough light? As much light as the T5's?

Uncle Salty 05
03/03/2014, 09:23 AM
Do your homework before you take the plunge.
Spectrun is as important as power. This statement seems to say you are covered, but I have on personal experience with the Orbit.

"By combining the industry's first Dual Daylight and Dual Actinic LED spectrums"

How deep is your tank and what do you intend to keep?

jimberta
03/03/2014, 10:02 AM
Tank is 23 inches tall, about 30 inches wide......

i have some polyps and mushrooms as well as a few fish. would like to add some more polyps/mushrooms, maybe even a clam at some point, maybe......

Uncle Salty 05
03/03/2014, 10:14 AM
Like I said I have no experience with Orbit LEDs, but I have owned other Orbit products and was not impressed by them.
I hear good things a bout Pacific Sun LEDs.
I have a Vertex Illumina that is a very nice unit, but it did not come with full spectrum lighting. The base unit only has Royal blue, Blue and White to work with. Now I have to dump another $600 (for 3 multi-color modules) on top of the original $2,700 I paid to get full spectrum lighting.
Just make your choice carefully. Do not jump at the first cheap fixture that "says" it will do everything.