PDA

View Full Version : Watchman Goby info!

WhoDatDSant
03/03/2014, 08:19 PM
Hi all I recently added a yellow watchman goby to man 10 gallon nano. He was pretty small about an 1 1/2 inch long. It seemed fine and everything I just haven't seen him the past few days.

I was just wondering how well these fish were at hiding as I've never owned one?

And would a peppermint shrimp have possibly ate the goby?

Just wanted to know before I started tearing rocks apart to search for em

JackandJill
03/03/2014, 08:21 PM
They are very good at hiding, and it is not uncommon for them to go missing at times. The peppermint shrimp would scavenge him if he was already dead, but they are not predatory.

AZBigJohn
03/03/2014, 09:02 PM
YWG's are awesome at staying out of view when first added. They tunnel under rocks and only come out when the coast is clear. I would check for ammonia (sign of a decaying fish) and if you don't have that, he is probably hiding.

steeb
03/03/2014, 09:02 PM
If you have any rock he may be curled up inside of the rock. My dottyback and goby have their own rocks they go into a hide.

WhoDatDSant
03/03/2014, 09:48 PM
Allright cool he is probably just hiding then as it's been less than a week since I put him in. I put a royal gamma(maybe the dottyback) in there a few months ago and thought he had disappeared. I tore the tank apart and still never found him as he was hiding curled up against a rock lol.

So i'll just let him hide till he wants to since they act the same way thanx!