PDA

View Full Version : Order In!!

zenom
03/04/2014, 10:12 AM
Just ordered one of these, I have looked at all the DIY stuff, SpectraPure etc., and for me I just want to not do water changes :) Looking forward to this system along with my apex and other automated features so that I can enjoy my tank so much more than I have in the past.

GenesisReefSys
03/04/2014, 10:17 AM
Hi Zenom,

Thanks for your order. I think you made it in just in time for the systems to go out today! I'm sure you'll be very pleased with the convenience and reliability that the RENEW™ provides.

Have a great day,
Kevin

zenom
03/04/2014, 10:22 AM
Thanks Kevin,
The only question I have which I am only asking because I haven't researched all of it. Do I need to push the button everyday to start it? Can it be continuous, daily 3 gallons spread out over 24 hours until the supply bucket runs out? :)

Also is there a smart way to tie this into an apex other than shutting off the outlet, maybe while i am making new water? (so a bad mix doesn't get changed)

GenesisReefSys
03/04/2014, 10:26 AM
Absolutely - the RENEW™ will space your 3 gallons out over the course of a day (8 hour intervals between gallons), and it will automatically repeat every day until your mixing bin gets low. Then, after you prepare new water and let it stabilize, just press the yellow button to start a new exchange. Just one button press per "mixing-bin-ful" of water.

Kevin

zenom
03/04/2014, 10:27 AM
Great, I was just reading about ATO, since I have one (osmolator) is there a way to schedule this with an apex so that I can turn off ATO during the water change time? Will it tell me the 3 times the water will change so I can program the ATO to off for an hour?

zenom
03/04/2014, 10:48 AM
I was just thinking and looking at other posts. I will add a single float switch that checks water level and when its low it will defer the Tunze for a couple minutes for the WC to complete until I either switch to the break out box completely etc.

Just posting for those who might be looking for something similar down the road.

zenom
03/05/2014, 09:19 AM
That is a crazy fast delivery. I got my Renew system today. Ordered it yesterday morning, shipped and already arrived by 11am to my door. Thanks for the great customer service!

GenesisReefSys
03/05/2014, 04:04 PM
Hi zenom,

You're welcome!

Kevin