PDA

View Full Version : Found some type of worm on some of my new acro frags

reefpassion78
03/07/2014, 09:58 AM
I apologize if I did not post this in the right place I've been in the hobby for a couple years but this is only the second time I've posted. I have about 15 new frags of Acropora and a couple montipora in my 20 gallon quarantine tank. They have been in there for about 2 weeks all have been dipped with coral Rx and I was going to dip with ivermectin today. I typically Dip in both right away but I lost a rare frag so I kind of panicked and thought I'd let it settle down a bit. Anyway, I found this worm on one of them doesn't quite look like any AEFW that I have seen. Any ideas? I greatly appreciate your expertise. BTW it is tiny maybe 1-2 mm.

Mael
03/07/2014, 10:08 AM
no expert here but I checked this site:http://www.chucksaddiction.com/hitchworms.html

and the closest thing I found was the Phyllodocidae, which looks like a yellow bristleworm. I could be way off though.

billdogg
03/07/2014, 10:37 AM
looks like a common bristle worm to me. Leave it be.

reefpassion78
03/07/2014, 11:47 AM
Thank you. it doesn't look like a bristle worm in person remember these are macro shots this worm was barely visible with the naked eye. But if you don't think it's anything harmful I won't worry too much.

billdogg
03/07/2014, 01:18 PM
Don't worry - it'll grow! (as will all it's little friends, lol) I have a large number of those throughout my systems. That kind tends to max out at ~3".

supervdl
03/07/2014, 06:16 PM
Looks like a bristle worm to me