PDA

View Full Version : Ecotech radion v2 wireless?

21chip21
03/08/2014, 05:02 AM
How do the EcoTech Marine Radion XR30W work wireless? Lights do not show up on a wireless router search list. How do you connect. Iv tried the app for my S4 phone too does not connect. Cant find any info any where. I have logged in and with pc (USB) changed settings. I do not see how to connect.
Thanks

21chip21
03/08/2014, 05:09 AM
Is there some wireless enabled tab in setting of light im missing?

mfinn
03/08/2014, 09:24 AM
If you have more than 1 Radion, then when you connect the usb cable to 1, then it will communicate to the other wireless.
If you want to use your computer without connecting with the cable you need to buy a reef link.

http://ecotechmarine.com/products/reeflink/

21chip21
03/09/2014, 05:34 AM
WiFi to RF? Really! Is there away around the use of a ReefLink? Is this a joke?
What Radio Frequency does this use?

lnevo
03/09/2014, 05:36 AM
What are you trying to do? Without the reeflink you need the usb cable to program it afaik. The ecotech products all use RF for wireless not wifi/bluetooth.

21chip21
03/09/2014, 05:54 AM
Yes, I see that now, Inevo! They make it sound like its on wifi with web base. EcoLive. Sure all you need to buy now is another $200.00 dollar box to make your $750 lights wireless. (V3 Pro)
Not very happy about that!
So out of the box they are not wireless. Period.

erndog1001
03/09/2014, 06:23 AM
I'm on your side my friend. But I gotta say that I've never been misled by they're ads. I knew going in that I was going to need something extra if they were going to be truly wireless.
Not sure where you got that info from.

lnevo
03/09/2014, 06:28 AM
Its the same as the vortech wireless. How many people thought the powerhead or controller was free of wires. It is only wireless in that the devices can sync to each other.

mfinn
03/09/2014, 08:47 AM
Perhaps you should do some research into a product before buying.

Eastamherstbias
03/09/2014, 11:18 AM
How do the EcoTech Marine Radion XR30W work wireless? Lights do not show up on a wireless router search list. How do you connect. Iv tried the app for my S4 phone too does not connect. Cant find any info any where. I have logged in and with pc (USB) changed settings. I do not see how to connect.
Thanks

Correct, they are not wireless unless you have a "middleman" device. The reeflink works well along with apex is nearing Fusion. The radions and vortechs talk wirelessly to each other via RF.

Eastamherstbias
03/09/2014, 11:19 AM
WiFi to RF? Really! Is there away around the use of a ReefLink? Is this a joke?
What Radio Frequency does this use?

Ha it is not a joke. The reeflink works well and in a couple months it will control your vortechs as well.

21chip21
03/09/2014, 07:05 PM
I got my info from Dr. Fosters Quote :
EcoSmart Live
EcoSmart Live is the cloud-based equipment command center from EcoTech Marine. Control and customize your Radion LED lights anytime, anywhere. All you need is an Internet connection and a web browser (Chrome, Firefox or Safari). And because it's all stored in the cloud, your connection is always secure and your data is backed up to save your valuable custom programming information.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=28183
Yes I fell for it. My bad. What was I thinking.

mfinn
03/09/2014, 07:15 PM
While Dr. Foster and Smith is a decent place for some supplies like salt, I would not be just looking there to base my decision to buy a $650 light.

erndog1001
03/10/2014, 04:21 AM
Ok I agree That ad is somewhat misleading. They need to change the wording. But that being said. A quick visit to EcoTech's site would have cleared that up for you. You should know that ads can be very misleading these days.
I had the same thing happen to me recently when I bought a new TV. I even did some extra research and still found out after the purchase that one of features was not what it appeared to be in the ads.
Caveat emptor my friend!!!