PDA

View Full Version : Power head

danny_v305
03/10/2014, 06:44 AM
What gph should I buy for a 14 gallon biocube and which one?

ViktorVaughn
03/10/2014, 07:56 AM
Depends on what you're looking for in terms of flow and quality. Also, are you going to have corals or is it just a fish only tank. I prefer to get two or three smaller powerheads rather than one big one to get all your flow. With two at 250 gph vs. one at 500 gph, you can achieve a more random and turbulent flow throughout your tank by aiming the flows of each ph at each other, opposite tank walls, etc. I have the hydor koralia power heads and have been running 3 for 8+ months with no issues yet. They are cheap and seem relatively well built for the price.

ViktorVaughn
03/10/2014, 08:06 AM
Depends on what you're looking for in terms of flow and quality. Also, are you going to have corals or is it just a fish only tank. I prefer to get two or three smaller powerheads rather than one big one to get all your flow. With two at 250 gph vs. one at 500 gph, you can achieve a more random and turbulent flow throughout your tank by aiming the flows of each ph at each other, opposite tank walls, etc. I have the hydor koralia power heads and have been running 3 for 8+ months with no issues yet. They are cheap and seem relatively well built for the price.

danny_v305
03/10/2014, 08:47 AM
It's going to be a reef tank just right now in the process of building it.