PDA

View Full Version : Best algae cleaner??

degibson84
03/10/2014, 03:05 PM
I have tried the mag-scrape and it did just that scraped. Also tried the hammerhead from algae free it also is destroying my glass.

What will work without scratching my glass???

Aaaron
03/10/2014, 03:14 PM
I have had the Piranha for 10 years and not a scratch on my glass. The roughness of it it not enough to scratch anything. Only sand caught it in it will do that.

critteral
03/10/2014, 03:16 PM
i used the mag-scraper for years and just bought the kent proscraper 2 and really like it. it has a soft head, stainless head and plastic head. no problems with it so far.

degibson84
03/10/2014, 03:36 PM
I have had the Piranha for 10 years and not a scratch on my glass. The roughness of it it not enough to scratch anything. Only sand caught it in it will do that.

The hammerhead has never been near the sand. I use my scrubber on a stick for the bottom inch.

I'm staring to think it is the age of the glass. The tank is probably from the 70s. It is an Odell.

eshark
03/10/2014, 08:01 PM

+1 I have used Piranha for several years myself and have been very happy with it.