PDA

View Full Version : Want to redo my plumbing

Odysi
03/10/2014, 07:11 PM
Well as the title says, I'm very unhappy with the way I've set my plumbing up and wish I would have drilled my tank from day 1. At the moment my tank is cycled and has the cuc. My question is would moving the contents of the tank into containers work or will just end up killing everything? Would prob be about a week til the silicone sets.

nlgill13
03/10/2014, 09:30 PM
If you are still cycling I would say go for it. Its not like you cant hurt the cycle and if you do you can start it over.

To keep everything alive I would put the sand in one bucket and the rock in a 2nd/3rd container/s (bucket or bigger) with the CUC (just make sure the rocks won't fall on them...And put tank water in all containers.

Also place a heater in the rock/s bucket/s at 78F.

Odysi
03/11/2014, 03:23 AM
My cycle has been over for a few weeks now would that make a difference?

fishgate
03/11/2014, 05:16 AM
Why do you need silicone? Just drill baby! You don't really even need to remove everything unless you are bottom drilling. It isn't unheard of to just lower the water level and drill for the overflow.

thegrun
03/11/2014, 07:04 AM
Moving your rock and livestock into a container like a Brute trash can will not harm anything provided you keep the water moving with a powerhead and keep the water heated. If you have photosynthetic corals they will need light. Be sure to use an aquarium safe silicone.

SGT_York
03/11/2014, 07:09 AM
Move the contents into a nice bin for a week and let your overflow cure properly, Don't drill the tank in place (fine ground glass in your water column isn't my idea of good husbandry) Do it now before you get fish for sure, You CUC won't mind a bit.

Odysi
03/11/2014, 07:17 PM
Great thanks for the advice guys I'm gonna Order my overflow box and bulk heads once they are in I will do the move to a brute or a few 30 gallon totes I have