PDA

View Full Version : 6025 motor block spindle?

don_chuwish
03/13/2014, 09:23 PM
Is this a replaceable part? I sourced a used 6025 knowing it needed a drive unit. But now I realize the spindle in the motor block is just gone too. Seems easy enough to press in a new spindle...

Thanks in advance.

- D

rvitko
03/14/2014, 09:31 AM
Unfortunately it is not available, the motors are made with the shaft. They start with a hole in the bottom that is half the diameter of the shaft and the shaft is pressed in with a press and it is generally a one time shot, after the first install the seat is stretched and cannot firmly grasp a replacement, especially if the old one has to be forcibly extracted because it is broken off. We can sometimes save them if they pulled out intact due to calcium build up and you have the complete shaft. In general this will only happen on the very first motors from Oct 2006- June 2007, their was a design change in July 2007, a new shaft material and tighter and deeper fit remedied this issue.

don_chuwish
03/14/2014, 12:10 PM
I'd suspected as much, thanks for confirming Roger. So essentially this motor block is useless. I don't know where the shaft is, what happened to it or the age of the pump. I'll have to decide whether or not to buy a new motor block.

Thanks again.

- D

rvitko
03/14/2014, 02:34 PM
If you send me the old pump I would discount a complete new one. The problem with these older pumps is between June 2007 and Oct 2010, every single part was changed, sometimes mixing old parts and new results in other problems with fit of parts.

don_chuwish
03/14/2014, 02:39 PM
That's a fantastic offer, thanks very much. I'll PM for details.

- D