PDA

View Full Version : Foxface is brown?

Calappidae
03/14/2014, 05:58 PM
My onespot foxface is brown.. I know this is a stress response.. but I've had him for about 2 months and he never turned and stayed yellow yet.. even when feeding he's brown.. he comes up to the front of the tank to beg.. still brown.. he swims happily around.. no clue what his problem is. Very rarely he'll be yellow.. Never put's his spines up (or atleast not as much as when first added)

Sg: 1.025 (refractometer)
Ammonia/nitrite: 0
nitrates.. currently battling algae so undetectable.. hence why I got the fish..
ph: 8.2

LFS 2 week quantine.

I did have a yellow tang I had to get rid of.. it terrorized the foxface trying to cut it for a week straight.. I caught it and removed it a month ago.. still not happy.

Anybody experience such behavior before?

OrionN
05/06/2014, 04:53 AM
It took mine a few months got get yellow. How is he now? In my large tank, 320 gal, I got a very aggressive Blochii tang and Purple, Yellow and Powder Blue tangs. They do scuffles now and then, and occasionally the tangs or the Foxface would have minor wounds. Nothing serious. They are all very fat otherwise. The Fox Face, medium in term of size in compare to the tangs seem to hold his own with no problem.
I think the Blochii tang is getting big quick and will need to be remove.