PDA

View Full Version : Gen 2 XR30W changing on their own

Mhay
03/16/2014, 01:40 PM
I recently just bought a used XR30W Gen2 locally and finally just got it setup. First of it is BEAUTIFUL! When I first plugged it in angels sang! :lol:
I had some trouble initially getting to to stay on without triggering the GFCI outlet and did some research and saw that it was a fairly common problem and to switch to a non-GFCI. Did that and no problems with tripping the outlet. But I am now having issues getting to stay true to the schedule I set. I got it hooked up to computer set I schedule I liked and all seemed well. Until about 10 mins later when it started beeping a few times and the lights started changing on their own. It that specific time the lights were suppose to be in a blue state transitioning and when the beeping started it went right to full on white. I was a little confused and just let it do its thing to see if it would correct itself. Then another 10 mins later did it again. But with about 10 repetitive beeps and changing the color. I have no clue what is going on. I wiped down the outside of the lights near the buttons with a microfiber cloth and the side to see if that would help and since then I it hasn't beeped. Could it have just been dirty? Any thoughts?

cakemanPA
03/16/2014, 02:13 PM
I would use ELS to disable your buttons on the light.

Alex Y EcoTech
03/17/2014, 07:02 AM
Mhay,

As stated previously you will need to disable the buttons on top of your Radion. To do this, please follow the steps below:

1. Power down all Radions for 30 seconds
2. Power on All Radions
3. Connect via USB to a single Radion
4. Open the Connection Manager - If NOT using a ReefLink
5. Log in to EcoSmart Live using either Google Chrome or Safari
6. Select the "Wrench" icon below "Light 1"
7. Click the check box to disable the Radion buttons
8. Repeat step 6 for each Radion
9. Select the "Program" button to save changes

Mhay
03/17/2014, 07:28 AM
I was able to disable the buttons and I think that fixed it. I haven't heard any beeping or clicking noises since doing that. Thanks!

BoxesOfTheSea
03/17/2014, 07:31 AM
Maybe it's time to make Alex's post a sticky.