PDA

View Full Version : Flasher Wrasse Too Hyper?

MSUschmidt
03/17/2014, 05:34 PM
I'm slowly building my 100 gallon FOWLR, adding 1 fish per month.

I did a tank upgrade to the 100 from a 55, and after only running for about a month and a half +/-, I've got Purple and Neon Green Coraline Algae popping up. Pretty pumped about that, even though it's a PITA because it goes anywhere, I'm happy my water and tanks is growing good bacteria :)

The good bacteria growth has my stocking list on my mind.

I want a VERY PEACEFUL tank, but I also want some good movement.

I know Wrasses endlessly swim, and that's great to a point, but I don't want to add something that will go nuts and stress everything else out.

Will a Wrasse like a Carpenters Flasher Wrasse, or McCoskers Flasher wrasse swim insanely like some of the other ADHD wrasses????????????

Will it Disturb the other tank mates????????

Thinking of
3 Green Chromis
FireFish
Royal Gramma
2 Clowns
Coral Beautry
and a Flasher Wrasse

jjk_reef00
03/17/2014, 05:43 PM
It will be active. Add it and if you don't like it use a fish trap to remove it.
I'd bet that you will love it.

MSUschmidt
03/17/2014, 05:52 PM
I want ACTIVE - but are they active to the point I'm going to want to Dose with Prozac?????????

snorvich
03/17/2014, 06:11 PM
I want ACTIVE - but are they active to the point I'm going to want to Dose with Prozac?????????

You or the fish? ;)

MSUschmidt
03/17/2014, 07:01 PM
Well both actually........I actually enjoy ANY excuse I can to play with the tank. Regular Maintenance doesn't feel like a chore.

Its the best stress reliever I've ever had

MSUschmidt
03/17/2014, 07:11 PM
Dont get me wrong, Ive dealt with my fair share of problems.....Its not all rainbows and smiles all the time, but for the most part, I really love this hobby....even in the rough times