PDA

View Full Version : Help- messed up my 3 vortechs trying to do the whole master/slave thing

slojmn
03/23/2014, 10:37 AM
I attempted to clear my 3 vortechs to set up master/slave settings. One of the vortech controllers "mode" button seems to be not working. I managed to completely screw up all three vortech programs in this process. I definitely need help. Every time I try and clear the one Vortech where the mode button does not work it will blink "red/white/blue/ when I hit the "mode" button the controller will not go into the second phase of clearing, red/purple. Eventually sets the two vortechs into feed mode so I surmise that one is acting like a master and the other a slave. Once feed is over they both go to green-constant speed, not what I want at all. The third (on back wall) is breathing pink so somehow I set that to pulse mode and it is in it's own. Any help would be appreciated.

I sent this note to Ecotech hopefully they can help me address the mode button issue, I'm not sure it's broken but it doesn't seem to work when trying to clear everything to start fresh.

Any ideas how to get these to work together?

sanababit
03/23/2014, 11:07 AM
Clear them individually, and turn the other two off, meaning, disconnect the power going into them, good luck

Sana

slojmn
03/23/2014, 12:30 PM
Thanks. I managed to fix the messed up "mode" button but I still think it may need a repair. I finally figured out where I was messing up. Got them all set. I think what I really want is one vortech on long pulse while the other one is completely off. I have to do some reading of the manual to figure that out. In the meantime I got them all programmed the way I wanted to begin with. I'm always glad when I figure it out, especially being a bit tech challenged :).