PDA

View Full Version : 2 different coral ID's please

stingeragent
03/25/2014, 08:33 PM
Trying to get an id on these corals. The one pic they are clearly visible starting to cover the whole rock. The other one is just a tiny piece right in the center. It seems to have white stems and then brown branches. I blew up the image as its very hard to see with your eyes, and the tiny arms on it look like a pine tree or something similar.

nlgill13
03/25/2014, 08:35 PM
possibly some type of zoanthid/palythoa in the first pic.

Second pic i couldn't see anything

ReeferBill
03/25/2014, 08:39 PM
Sorry to tell you get rid of those aptasia,

stingeragent
03/26/2014, 06:29 PM
WHich one is aptasia? I looked a lot of images of aptasia and it doesn't look like that as far as I can tell.

Teddynola
03/26/2014, 06:37 PM
I've had more than my share if aiptasia and that does not look like it. The wispy tentacles are similar, but the body looks too...meaty, for lack of a better description. Looks more like yellow polyps, although I'm not convinced of that either.

stingeragent
03/26/2014, 06:52 PM
Well I have yellow polyps in the tank, but the body on these is wider than the yellows I have even though my yellows are like 3x their overall size. Most of these corals or whatever they are are mostly white. One is starting to get a golden color. I guess I'll leave them to grow and see what happens.

Edit. Looking again my yellow polyps have a yellow button head on them. These seem like they are almost hollow the whole way down that I can see.

DSMpunk
03/27/2014, 08:52 AM
#1 probably a palythoa
#2 Looks like some sort of colonial hydroid

greech
03/27/2014, 08:56 AM
#1 probably a palythoa
#2 Looks like some sort of colonial hydroid

Agreed.