PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any Electric Blue Hermits?

jhuntington12
03/26/2014, 12:13 AM
I swear, these guys are like the only things in my tank that never make it. I have all kinds of other hermits, snails, shrimp, etc but it seems these guys just never do quite well. Anyone else have this experience too?

MikeandNicole
03/26/2014, 06:44 PM
i have one in the sump that is 3 years old.

jhuntington12
03/26/2014, 09:09 PM
so strange because I just bought like 5 scarlets, 10 electric blues and 10 baby blue dwarfs. A handful of trochus snails. Everything survived just fine, except 6 of the electrics and the other 4 are still in their shells in the same spots...haven't moved like any of the others.

This is the 2nd time I have gotten a batch of these guys from different vendors too. They just don't live for me for some reason. Everything else thrives. :(

Calappidae
03/26/2014, 09:40 PM
My first one was always lively until other hermits were invading him.

My second one perched on a coral motionless.. I moved him.. same exact position and spot.. and died days later..

odd..

jhuntington12
03/28/2014, 02:10 AM
I got 3 larger ones...like the size of quarters today. did the same acclimation process I did before and bam those guys were in the tank, trading up some shells and climbing all over everything. Cool guys, but damn, the other 15 juveniles I bought just didn't make it. Strange, but thanks for your inputs.