PDA

View Full Version : Osmolator 5017 issue after power blip

holder45
03/26/2014, 06:48 PM
Today after a very brief (10 seconds or less) power outage in my neighborhood, my 5017 Water Level Controller will not power on. It is plugged into a surge protected Reef Keeper, so I can't imagine a surge got to it. All of my other equipment is working as expected after the power outage. I have tried plugging into outlets outside of the fish room and still no power to the unit.

Are there any things I can check in the 5017 to remedy this? I do not want to open the case unless directed to do so by a Tunze expert.

Roger-- you did repair the power supply to this unit in April 2013 (only delivering 8.2V instead of 11V). Is it possible my power supply is fried again?

Thanks in advance for your help.

rvitko
03/27/2014, 09:57 AM
It is possible and the most likely scenario that the power supply is fried, do you happen to have a voltmeter so you could test the output?

holder45
03/27/2014, 12:01 PM
Roger,

I'm only getting 5.1V to the controller. So I guess I'll shell out the $25.77 for the replacement power supply.

Any other advice on this one?

BuckeyeFrags26
03/27/2014, 10:54 PM
Invest in a good-not cheap surge protection strip. Plan ahead and avoid more problems.

Hope That helps, Ive had several power surges and never once have had any problems when using mine!

Look into the PC/Computer Power Protection Strips, those are a for sure fail safe!

rvitko
03/28/2014, 09:19 AM
We are shipping your order today.

I don't know why you had this issue, it is common that with power surges their are dips and surges when power comes back, the power supplies are not overly sensitive though and I don't see a lot of issues with them besides water damage.

holder45
04/03/2014, 03:56 AM
Thanks again, Roger.

The new power supply has my Osmolator back to perfect form. I appreciate the replies and quick service. Many thanks.

rvitko
04/03/2014, 10:19 AM
Thank you, I am glad it is back up and running.