PDA

View Full Version : Mushroom Coral

jamesreefNC
03/26/2014, 07:50 PM
Hello, Im new to the thread! Im excited to post my first time. I was just wondering I recently purchased a piece of live rock at my lfs And it has about 10 small nice looking mushrooms on it (Yes i bought it for the coral and was for sale for the coral) I was wonderin will they grow quick and get bigger as there not noticeable really now only under my moonlight lights with the blue. Love a response thanks!

Carl Page
03/27/2014, 08:31 AM
I'm new here too so I'll just say what a lot will tell you. Parameters in tolerance very important and regular water changes 10% with quality salt using RO water important. What part NC u located?

Mynx
03/27/2014, 08:56 PM
Yes your mushrooms will grow, they are pretty easy going all the way around. :) Mine have grown 1/2-3/4's of an inch in diameter since I got them, only been a month for me. Just don't drop a rock on them... they don't like that.

MAGNUMDIVER
03/31/2014, 07:18 PM
Mushrooms in my experience grow fast and spread quickly they have taken over my tank and I have been working hard to get most of them out. If I can pass anything along from my experience would be stay on top of them try to keep them contained to one rock as soon as they spread to a second rock take it off.