PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish question!?

Zallman125
03/27/2014, 06:00 AM
I have a 35gallon with 25lbs of live rock 1 yellow tang peppermint shrimp and 2 clowns. I would like to know if it's safe to add other clownfish breeds with the ones I have now I was thinking maybe a maroon clown a cinnamon clown or a yellow strip maroon or any other kind of species in general?? I've had my clowns for 6 moths ones 2 inches other is 1 they both came in a pair. Thanks !

GT350pwns
03/27/2014, 06:14 AM
Rule of thumb is a pair of clowns per tank unless the tank is large. Maroons, in particular, are a very (if not the most) aggressive species.

leveldrummer
03/27/2014, 06:14 AM
I woudnt add another pair of clowns in a tank that small, think of other fish to add instead, also, you might consider getting that tang a new home.

ravenstone
03/27/2014, 06:33 AM
Agreed. The Yellow Tang should have more space and I wouldn't add any more clowns to a tank, especially a Maroon, they can be very aggressive.

crissie
03/27/2014, 06:49 AM
You only just have enough room for the two clowns you have, especially if they mate - they will want to take up at least 3/4 of the tank space.

To have more than a pair of clowns you really need a very large tank or they will fight as adults.

Also the tang needs much bigger housing.

Fishy 1
03/27/2014, 07:18 AM
Don't do it! You just don't have enough space for more clowns, even if they were occs.
Find the tang a new home for his well being, as the tank is way too small for the tang.

Zallman125
03/27/2014, 07:20 AM
Well the tang is pretty decent size looks healthy though and he was only 20 bucks couldn't pass him up so pretty but I'll prob sell him later down the road when he gets bigger. And could I get another pair of the same specie clowns I have now ? Or atleast 1 so I have 3? Will they be okay their just the regular local pet store clowns.

crissie
03/27/2014, 07:22 AM
No you have no more room for clowns, even if the same species.

There are other fish you could a - especially once you rehome the tang. But not any more clowns.

Fishy 1
03/27/2014, 07:47 AM
No you have no more room for clowns, even if the same species.

There are other fish you could a - especially once you rehome the tang. But not any more clowns.

Ageed, no more clowns not even one, because you dont know how the establised clowns will take to a new clown. I won't add even one clown to my 60gal because I don't want my cowns killing a new one.
No more clowns, you don't have the room.

snorvich
03/27/2014, 07:50 AM
Yes, one pair of clownfish in a normal sized tank.

FTDelta
03/27/2014, 07:56 AM
Well the tang is pretty decent size looks healthy though and he was only 20 bucks couldn't pass him up so pretty but I'll prob sell him later down the road when he gets bigger. And could I get another pair of the same specie clowns I have now ? Or atleast 1 so I have 3? Will they be okay their just the regular local pet store clowns.

Whether you like to hear it or not, the answer as everyone has told you is... NO.

Only 1 pair per tank!

You need to remove that tang ASAP. Never mind waiting til he's too large. They need long tanks to thrive best regardless how small he is.

RA
03/27/2014, 07:59 AM
whether you like to hear it or not, the answer as everyone has told you is... No.

Only 1 pair per tank!

You need to remove that tang asap. Never mind waiting til he's too large. They need long tanks to thrive best regardless how small he is.

+1

davocean
03/27/2014, 10:29 AM
Whether you like to hear it or not, the answer as everyone has told you is... NO.

Only 1 pair per tank!

You need to remove that tang ASAP. Never mind waiting til he's too large. They need long tanks to thrive best regardless how small he is.

I agree, if you are asking for advice on what is the responsible thing to do or the wise thing to do the proper advice has been given.