PDA

View Full Version : Chalice bleaching?!

Every1jockzjay
03/29/2014, 12:03 AM
36gal bow, today i switched from diy 2 50w royal blues driven together for a total of 50w and 2 20w whites dimmed down, to a 120w ebay fixture similar to the reefbreeders model but with a few more whites ... Im going to run them at 30% white/red/green and 60% blues n violet....
The chalice was veryy recently imported when i bought it, and ive had is for around 3-4 weeks. I kno for a fact water quality isnt the issue. I have three other chalice frags that are growing rapidly woth great color but this guy isnt lookin to hot...ive been trying to keep it in low light i even had it partially shaded for a while but havent seen inprovements. I was wondering if the new spectrum of lights may hell it to regain color, and ide like the try re-aclimate it to the leds. Is the bottom of the tank good enouph or should i try to shade it? Has anybody had experience with a chalice loosing color because of leds? How was it fixed? Any advice will help,im hoping the new lights will help it, of coarse i have problems with the most expensive coral i have lol...

Ryecoon
03/31/2014, 11:06 PM
Imported from where?