PDA

View Full Version : ESL controlling Vortech pumps

ParanoidObseshn
03/29/2014, 08:39 PM
How much longer do I have to wait until ecosmart live will be able to control my vortech pumps?

The mode I have my radion in automatically turns my pumps into night mode and I have tried to keep them in the same mode as they are during the day with no luck.

ChadRaay86
03/30/2014, 07:42 AM
Well, you should only have to wait another two days :)

erndog1001
03/30/2014, 09:15 AM
How much longer do I have to wait until ecosmart live will be able to control my vortech pumps?

The mode I have my radion in automatically turns my pumps into night mode and I have tried to keep them in the same mode as they are during the day with no luck.

What mode is that?

ParanoidObseshn
03/30/2014, 10:39 AM
I have the radion in radiant color mode

BoxesOfTheSea
03/30/2014, 02:25 PM
To stop the pumps from entering night mode, you have to take them of of vortech participation in ESL.

Alex Y EcoTech
03/31/2014, 06:44 AM
Paranoid,

VorTech integration will be available within the next few days via the Iphone app. At this time, we are currently waiting for Apple to approve our Iphone update. An official announcement will be made within the next few days once the App has been approved.

brianmsu80
03/31/2014, 07:33 AM
Paranoid,

VorTech integration will be available within the next few days via the Iphone app. At this time, we are currently waiting for Apple to approve our Iphone update. An official announcement will be made within the next few days once the App has been approved.

Thanks. When do you expect the Android app to be ready?

Tradewinds
03/31/2014, 09:35 AM
Alex, when will it be available directly through ESL, without the use of a smartphone?

liquidPentium
03/31/2014, 01:09 PM
Paranoid,

Alex, when will Vortech control be available through Ecosmart Live? I understand the delay with Apple approving the app but wondering when we can control via reeflink and ESL.

ParanoidObseshn
03/31/2014, 07:09 PM
Now I am having problems just trying to get my radion to show up in ecosmart live. Just got a new laptop and installed the connection manager and have the radion plugged in. The connection manager shows that the radion is plugged in and connected but when I go into ecosmartlive the screen starts grayed out as it is loading and shows in the background that my radion is connected, but once the screen goes to normal it automatically disconnects my radion and I cannot access it. Tried several times multiple ways and I only got it to connect for a few moments and then it disconnected on me. I am using google chrome.

Alex Y EcoTech
04/01/2014, 07:16 AM
Paranoid,

I would recommend following the steps below to resolve the issue:

1. Quit the Connection Manager
2. Temporarily disable any anti-virus software
3. Start the Connection Manager and ensure you are logged into the correct account
4. Sign into EcoSmart Live

If that does not solve the problem, please call in today.

MickeK
04/04/2014, 11:05 AM
Vortech still not able in Apple app?

Neokane
04/04/2014, 11:37 AM
I would have thought they could have implemented it on ESL first, Then work on apps.. At least you can set them ups from ESL. I mean who is going to change their pumps once they are set? All I can think of is putting them in feed mode from time to time.

MickeK
04/04/2014, 11:47 AM
Well its the same for radion. Who gona change them when its set ;) well i am just becuse its fun lol!

Alex Y EcoTech
04/07/2014, 06:29 AM
Vortech still not able in Apple app?

The update has been published and is available on the App Store!

Tradewinds
04/07/2014, 09:53 AM
Upgraded and working.

Is there any documentation available for setting up custom schedules, how to invoke Feed Mode, etc.

EcoTech Support
04/07/2014, 11:02 AM
Upgraded and working.

Is there any documentation available for setting up custom schedules, how to invoke Feed Mode, etc.

We have created a series of instructional videos on our YouTube channel. Please check them out. Each video has "iPhone and ReefLink VorTech Control" in the title.

https://www.youtube.com/user/EcoTechMarine

ChadRaay86
04/07/2014, 11:14 AM
Upgraded and working.

Ditto, I've got all four pumps synced with my reef link. Now to program them all :)

SoDak
04/07/2014, 11:24 AM
I'm feeling a little (cough, cough) under the weather boss... I think I may need to go home and ReefLink... Er... aaa... rest

biecacka
04/07/2014, 12:19 PM
Can I download this on my iPad Alex?

Corey

EcoTech Service
04/07/2014, 01:15 PM
Sure can! :thumbsup:

hunnydu2
04/07/2014, 03:54 PM
I upgraded both my vortechs to work with the app..but can no longer use master /slave feature? Help :deadhorse1:

Tradewinds
04/07/2014, 04:23 PM
We have created a series of instructional videos on our YouTube channel. Please check them out. Each video has "iPhone and ReefLink VorTech Control" in the title.

https://www.youtube.com/user/EcoTechMarine

The videos were informative, but I am still unclear as how to create a Vortech schedule that utilizes different behaviors within a 24 hour period.

Can Vortech schedules be imported and exported?

mypepper
04/07/2014, 06:01 PM
The videos were informative, but I am still unclear as how to create a Vortech schedule that utilizes different behaviors within a 24 hour period.

If I'm not mistaken, we should have 24 hour control with different mode settings and variations once the full vortech integration takes place within ESL.

Just by looking at Vortech demo screen on the ESL page, it will give us Vortech users a full range of program options.

I think we are in for a real treat once the full integration takes place.

The word for the day, is to have patience and let the software engineers do what they do best, create outstanding programs for us.

Thanks,
Randy

SoDak
04/07/2014, 07:39 PM
Tried to connect tonight and my ReefLink is not blue. It is green red and orange. I looked in my box for an owners manual but just found a quick start guide. How do I fix my ReefLink?

mypepper
04/07/2014, 08:17 PM
Try disabling your firewall and see if can reconnect your ReefLink. If that doesn't work, make sure you enable your WPS.

Randy

hunnydu2
04/07/2014, 09:04 PM
Tried to connect tonight and my ReefLink is not blue. It is green red and orange. I looked in my box for an owners manual but just found a quick start guide. How do I fix my ReefLink?

Unplug it and plug it back in..I have had that happen..fixes it for me

SoDak
04/07/2014, 09:41 PM
Yep, cutting power worked

prior20
04/07/2014, 11:24 PM
So you have to have reeflink in order to control your vortechs with ESL? If so, any estimate on when I can program from my laptop?

Alex Y EcoTech
04/08/2014, 06:33 AM
So you have to have reeflink in order to control your vortechs with ESL? If so, any estimate on when I can program from my laptop?

Currently you are able to use your IOS device to control VorTech pumps via the ReefLink. That said, VorTech programming will be available for the website within the next few weeks.

prior20
04/08/2014, 10:10 AM
Sounds good. Thanks for the quick reply.

golfsk8er
04/08/2014, 12:37 PM
When we can control the Vortech's via the laptop and USB or do we need a reeflink to have them change modes? Will the radions tell them to change modes like in night mode and feed mode?

ejohnson
04/08/2014, 02:05 PM
To control the Vortechs on ESL you have to have reeflink.

Tornader
04/08/2014, 11:39 PM
I upgraded both my vortechs to work with the app..but can no longer use master /slave feature? Help :deadhorse1:

Same here! People, don't do it yet! I lost my uber kewl wave. Ecotech, where are the buttons for master-slave and create wave?! Huh?! It is atrocity what you have done. Fix it! Today. I want my wave back

SoDak
04/09/2014, 05:26 AM
I was curious about Master / Slave as well

mypepper
04/09/2014, 06:47 AM
Same here! People, don't do it yet! I lost my uber kewl wave. Ecotech, where are the buttons for master-slave and create wave?! Huh?! It is atrocity what you have done. Fix it! Today. I want my wave back

I'm guessing you'll have to wait for the full integration between ReefLink and the ESL program, which is two weeks out or so.

Once the full ESL integration is up and running, that's when we'll have all the various parameters and settings to use for our vortech pumps.

Hang in there, I'm sure the software engineers at Ecotech Marine are working almost 24/7 to fine tune and tweak the iOs apps and ESL vortech integration.

Thanks,
Randy

iamarchitecture
04/09/2014, 06:58 AM
after I updated my iOS ESL app it instantly crashes. I suggest if you haven't updated your app not to do so.

Frustrated...

luisagos
04/09/2014, 07:18 AM
after I updated my iOS ESL app it instantly crashes. I suggest if you haven't updated your app not to do so.

Frustrated...

I did not have this problem.
My Vortechs are working with the new app, they also got updated with no problems.

No idea why it worked with my system and not yours.

cakemanPA
04/09/2014, 07:51 AM
Same issue for me. Back to wxm until this stabilizes

HiroPro
04/09/2014, 09:32 AM
No issues here. I did have to reboot the ReefLink before it would update and address the Vortechs. Using it with 2 MP40s, 2 MP10s, and 2 Radions.

I would like to see the app set the Master/Slave relationships and be able to specify location in the tank to optimize the EcoSmart modes.

SoDak
04/09/2014, 09:35 AM
My update of the app and VorTechs went fine after I power cycled the ReefLink. I am liking the update so far and once the additional features come online it will be that much better. For now though it seems to be working as advertised for my setup

cakemanPA
04/09/2014, 09:58 AM
Factory reset on the mp40s since it was hooked up to a wxm before. I'll let you know if it works

biecacka
04/09/2014, 10:11 AM
I can not get the app to recognize my pumps. It never blinks blue

Corey

cakemanPA
04/09/2014, 10:27 AM
And the solution provided to me still did not work. Back to the phone we go

MickeK
04/09/2014, 10:44 AM
worked fine here to. Mp40. Fun to use ;) haha

cakemanPA
04/09/2014, 11:26 AM
Got the answer... Turned off connection manager on my Mac, turned off light, moved ReefLink away from other wireless items. Now I have to program these. BABY Steps!

SoDak
04/09/2014, 08:54 PM
I have two aquariums set up on the app. One is a BC14 with one MP10 and the other is a 40b with two MP10's. I set the BC to 25% and then the 40b to 80% to come upstairs to find the BC whipping away. I pull up the app and it says "Reef Crest 80%" for the BC as well. What am I doing wrong? Why do both my aquariums end up with the same VorTech setting?

SkimHeavy
04/13/2014, 10:16 AM
So I updated, and after this my phone stuck at the blue loading screen on my iphone. For some strange reason a few hours later it allowed me to open the app and build a plot for my MP40 but the app froze before I could push the program though. When I killed the app and went to reopen it...... Stuck at the blue screen where it has been now for a few days. I have deleted and reinstalled the app. I have reset my reeflink and I have unplugged my reeflink for 30 seconds. The app still sticks at loading screen. On ESL from my Mac I can still control my Radions and it shows my MP40 in the equipment list to the left of the light plot. 273497

MatthewcTorquay
04/16/2014, 05:00 AM
I am having a issue where my Ecosmart just kept saying "Searching for Devices", now when I try to log in it wants me to set up a whole new tank etc, and says I have no devices attached, however in Ecosmart website my tank and Radion's show up!

Alex Y EcoTech
04/16/2014, 06:28 AM
I am having a issue where my Ecosmart just kept saying "Searching for Devices", now when I try to log in it wants me to set up a whole new tank etc, and says I have no devices attached, however in Ecosmart website my tank and Radion's show up!

Matthew,

That is a very unusual issue, I would recommend clearing the cache on your browser. If that does not resolve the problem, please call in today when you're able so we can further troubleshoot the issue with our engineering team.

MatthewcTorquay
04/16/2014, 08:01 AM
Alex this is on my iphone app not the pc.

Can you clear the cache on a iphone?

Cheers

EcoTech Support
04/16/2014, 01:23 PM

We just published an additional video on VorTech scheduling. Please check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG5wdcNsWn0&feature=share&list=UULhK3ycAnj2ytSELzbPxq-A

Tradewinds
04/16/2014, 07:46 PM
We just published an additional video on VorTech scheduling. Please check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG5wdcNsWn0&feature=share&list=UULhK3ycAnj2ytSELzbPxq-A

Good information, thank you. :)

MickeK
04/17/2014, 12:30 AM
On my iphone i can controll the vortech but not On my Android? No update for Android yet? ??

erndog1001
04/17/2014, 04:56 AM
Alex this is on my iphone app not the pc.

Can you clear the cache on a iphone?

Cheers

Go to settings/safari/Clear History & Clear Cookies & Data

Alex Y EcoTech
04/17/2014, 06:51 AM
On my iphone i can controll the vortech but not On my Android? No update for Android yet? ??

Mick,

The Android app is under way, and will be available within the next several weeks.

props4you
04/17/2014, 09:35 AM
Have 2 radion pros, 2 mp40's and reeflink.
Could not be happier !!
Everything works perfectly from my iphone :)
Love the new control and features.
Thank you for the continued innovation, you make reeding fun :)

HiroPro
04/17/2014, 12:10 PM
I still don't see a way to specify Vortechs that are placed on the rear of the aquarium for the EcoSmart modes. With the buttons, you could specify White for pumps on the same side as the master, Orange for pumps on the opposite side of the tank, and Turquoise for a slave pump positioned on the back side of the aquarium.

destro8
04/17/2014, 12:39 PM
My update went well. Now waiting for an easier way to program the pumps and have them sync master/slave like before.

props4you
04/17/2014, 01:43 PM
You can choose all those options right in the app.
Master - slave, sync - anti sync for all your pumps.
Play around with the app and watch the very last EcoSmart youtube video.

HiroPro
04/18/2014, 08:48 AM
I still don't see a way to specify Vortechs that are placed on the rear of the aquarium for the EcoSmart modes. With the buttons, you could specify White for pumps on the same side as the master, Orange for pumps on the opposite side of the tank, and Turquoise for a slave pump positioned on the back side of the aquarium.

Bump

bobbyc366
04/18/2014, 11:13 AM
Totally agree!
Thanks Echo tech!

Have 2 radion pros, 2 mp40's and reeflink.
Could not be happier !!
Everything works perfectly from my iphone :)
Love the new control and features.
Thank you for the continued innovation, you make reeding fun :)