PDA

View Full Version : help choosing leds

bundybass
03/30/2014, 01:13 PM
I have a 220 gal tank and i want to get leds for it. I'm looking at 2 different online sellers and want your opinion which way to go. I'm looking at Reef Breeders 32" photon and at Reef Radiance Lumentek pro 240. 2 of the photons would cost $900 while 2 of the lumenteks would be $789. I've talked to Rick at Reef Radiance and he has been very helpful, but i find the web site to not be very accurate with pictures and descriptions. I have a mix of sps, lps and zoas. I like a blue tint but not too blue. Main thing is coral growth and color. Please help me choose. Even something i'm not currently looking at if it is better and comparably priced.

ThreeMoneyJ
03/30/2014, 05:40 PM
One thing that I really like about the reef breeders is that they are very easy to customize yourself. You can order individual led's from their website and play with the colors on your fixture until you find what you like. The optics can also be easily changed.

youngfish
03/30/2014, 08:16 PM
my buddy has reef breeders and it is quality light

EllisJuan
03/30/2014, 10:14 PM
I ordered a Lumentek 240 for my 36" 65 gallon tank. It will be here this week. I went with them over the RB because the price was a little better, I liked the layout a little better, and you can program them in 10 minute increments. My light should be here this week.

Reef_Breeders
03/31/2014, 06:17 AM
I have a 220 gal tank and i want to get leds for it. I'm looking at 2 different online sellers and want your opinion which way to go. I'm looking at Reef Breeders 32" photon and at Reef Radiance Lumentek pro 240. 2 of the photons would cost $900 while 2 of the lumenteks would be $789. I've talked to Rick at Reef Radiance and he has been very helpful, but i find the web site to not be very accurate with pictures and descriptions. I have a mix of sps, lps and zoas. I like a blue tint but not too blue. Main thing is coral growth and color. Please help me choose. Even something i'm not currently looking at if it is better and comparably priced.

We can do a quantity discount on 2, not that low, but it depends on how soon you want the lights. We can ship today provided the snow doesnt cause trouble, their site says the lights will ship in 2-4 weeks.

schlosser_jr30
04/02/2014, 11:50 AM
I'm about to order from Reef Radiance (on sale now). Heard great things and as mentioned Rick is great to work with. Worth a look.