PDA

View Full Version : maze brain 1 inch frag placement?

neddog
03/31/2014, 10:40 AM
I think It's a maze brain I bought it online at saltwater fish. They were having a frag sale and I bought a few things. (Hammer coral, 2 candy cane corral, brain corral, pulsing xenia, torch coral, 2 sexy shrimp, and a pistol shrimp for my yellow watchman). Got a great deal I think $103.96 shipped. I know where everything should go except the brain. I think its some sort of maze brain. I've heard they go in the sand but is this also true for a 1" frag?

thegrun
03/31/2014, 10:42 AM
Medium to strong light and water flow.
Here is a good website with many common corals and their requirements:
https://sites.google.com/a/asira.org/www2/caresheets

neddog
03/31/2014, 11:05 AM
Wow Thank you I saved that page to my favorites. It's an excellent quick reference sheet. I looked for hours for all that other Information that I gathered, on the placement and care of the other corals that I bought. Now I have it all in one place, thank you this is very helpful!

neddog
03/31/2014, 11:18 AM
Ok after reading that page on Favia and Favites, the sand is not the place for them I think I'll glue him to a rock right in the current of one of the power heads. I almost made a big mistake by putting it in the sand. It says the sand can cause irritation. Thank You

neddog
04/02/2014, 06:18 PM
The order from saltwater fish came yesterday and the coral looks awesome.
The shrimp were microscopic but I'm starting to like them (It is a nano tank after all) The coral were all $10 frags and were much larger than expected. All in all I'm very happy with my order.

neddog
04/07/2014, 06:26 PM
Thank you the brain frag is doing great I did however loose my torch that came with the same order but It was only $10. just sucked loosing it.